Lesson 18: HolidaysEY! for Teens
EY! for Teens Year 1 Lesson 18 Quizlet
このクイズレットフラッシュカードを使用して、レッスン前の次のレッスンで必要な単語を学習してください。 Flashcardsモードを使用して単語を勉強し、自分で試合モードを使用して覚えていることを確認してください。 モードを切り替えるには、クイズレットの右下にある「学習モードを選択」をクリックします。
Please use this Quizlet Flashcard set to try to learn the words that you’ll need during your next lesson before the lesson. Use the Flashcards mode to study the words then test yourself to see what you remember using the Match mode. To change between modes, click on "Choose a Study Mode" in the bottom right of the Quizlet.
EY! for Teens Year 1 Lesson 18: Holidays
Please prepare for your next lesson by writing down your answers to the questions below. Please use the same notebook every time to make it easier for you to review in the future.
- Name a national holiday that is only celebrated in Japan. What is the English translation of the holiday? When is it? Why is it celebrated?
- Which is your favourite national holiday? Which is your least favourite national holiday? Why?
- Research Time! Go online and find a national holiday of another country. What is the name of the holiday? When is it? Why is it celebrated?
- Which do you prefer, the summer holidays or the winter holidays? Why?
- What does your family do for New Year? What kind of food do you eat?
- Imagine you are creating your own holiday. What would you call it? When would it be? What would it be for? Would there be any kind of celebrations?
If there is time, please ask your teacher Question 4 and Question 6.
Model Answers: Let’s Ask Keiji
- Yama no Hi. The English translation is "Mountain Day". It is on August 11. It is meant to celebrate nature, specifically mountains.
- My favourite holiday is Kenkoku Kinen no Hi, or "Foundation Day". My birthday is on February 11 so it means I get a holiday on my birthday ever year! My least favourite holiday is New Year. I think it is troublesome to go to my father's hometown every year to see my relatives.
- Melbourne Cup Day. It is held on the first Tuesday of November every year. It is celebrated as Australia's biggest horse race.
- I prefer winter holidays. I like to go snowboarding with my friend's family in Gifu every year.
- My family goes to Izu in Shizuoka every year for New Year. We usually eat a lot of seafood and osechi. I like seafood but I'm not a fan of osechi.
- My holiday would be called "Relax Week". It would be in the first week of October. People wouldn't have to attend school or go to work for seven days. They could enjoy the changing of the autumn leaves or just stay at home and relax.
Previous LessonNext Lesson