Lesson 19: SportsEY! for Teens
EY! for Teens Year 1 Lesson 19 Quizlet
このクイズレットフラッシュカードを使用して、レッスン前の次のレッスンで必要な単語を学習してください。 Flashcardsモードを使用して単語を勉強し、自分で試合モードを使用して覚えていることを確認してください。 モードを切り替えるには、クイズレットの右下にある「学習モードを選択」をクリックします。
Please use this Quizlet Flashcard set to try to learn the words that you’ll need during your next lesson before the lesson. Use the Flashcards mode to study the words then test yourself to see what you remember using the Match mode. To change between modes, click on "Choose a Study Mode" in the bottom right of the Quizlet.
EY! for Teens Year 1 Lesson 19: Sports
Please prepare for your next lesson by writing down your answers to the questions below. Please use the same notebook every time to make it easier for you to review in the future.
- Name one sport that is popular abroad. Which country enjoys this sport? Is it popular in many countries? Is it a summer sport or a winter sport? Is it an individual sport or a team sport?
- Have you ever seen this sport? If so, did you see it on TV or did you watch a live game? If not, would you like to watch a live game?
- Do you play any sports now or did you play any sports when you were younger? If so, which sports do you or did you play? If not, is there a sport you would like to try?
- Name three sports that are popular in your country. Which do you think is the most entertaining and why?
- Do you think activities like fishing, trekking and mountain biking are sports? What about games like chess, backgammon or old maid? Why?
- If you could be a professional athlete in one sport, which sport would you choose and why?
If there is time, please ask your teacher Question 4 and Question 5.
Model Answers: Let’s Ask Aoi
- Rugby. It is popular in many countries like England, Australia and South Africa. It is especially popular in New Zealand. Rugby is a winter sport. It is a team sport.
- Yes, I have. I have seen the Rugby World Cup on TV and I have watched a live game at Yanmar Stadium in Nagai.
- I am in the table tennis club now so I play table tennis. I used to play tennis in junior high school.
- Volleyball, figure skating and sumo. I think volleyball is the most entertaining because it is a fast game with a lot of action.
- I think moutain biking is a sport but I don't think fishing or trekking is. I don't think games are sports. I think sports are physical activities you have to train hard for.
- I would be a major league baseball player. I could have a career for ten or twenty years and make a ton of money. If I was really lucky, I might get drafted to the American leagues.
Previous LessonNext Lesson