EY! for Teens Year 2 Lesson 05 Quizlet
このクイズレットフラッシュカードを使用して、レッスン前の次のレッスンで必要な単語を学習してください。 Flashcardsモードを使用して単語を勉強し、自分で試合モードを使用して覚えていることを確認してください。 モードを切り替えるには、クイズレットの右下にある「学習モードを選択」をクリックします。
Please use this Quizlet Flashcard set to try to learn the words that you’ll need during your next lesson before the lesson. Use the Flashcards mode to study the words then test yourself to see what you remember using the Match mode. To change between modes, click on "Choose a Study Mode" in the bottom right of the Quizlet.
EY! for Teens Year 2 Lesson 05: Fears and Phobias
Please prepare for your next lesson by writing down your answers to the questions below. Please use the same notebook every time to make it easier for you to review in the future.
- Name one thing that people are afraid of. Does this fear have a special name? Is this a common fear in Japan?
- Is this something that you are afraid of? Why or why not?
- What were you afraid of when you were a child? Are you still afraid of that today?
- Name one scary activity people do for fun. Why do you think people enjoy this activity?
- Have you ever tried this scary activity? If so, tell the class about your experience. If not, would you like to try it?
- What has been the scariest experience in your life so far? Tell the class what happened.
If there is time, please ask your teacher Question 3 and Question 4.
Model Answers: Let’s Ask Riku
- Fear of heights. This is called acrophobia. I don’t think this is so common in my country as we have many mountains and many tall buildings in Japan.
- No, I’m not. I really like to be in high places. I think it would be amazing to go bungee jumping or skydiving some day.
- When I was a child, I was afraid of thunderstorms. The loud noises really used to freak me out. I’m not afraid of them anymore but I still don’t like them. I think earthquakes are scarier though.
- Riding rollercoasters. People enjoy the feeling of falling, going upside down, and moving really fast.
- Yes, I have. I went on the “Steel Dragon” at Nagashima Spaland three years ago. At the time, it was the tallest rollercoaster in the world. It was so scary – I loved it!
- When I was ten, my father and I were driving on an icy road and he lost control of the car. We ended up crashing into a snowdrift. Looking back, it wasn’t so bad but at the time, I thought I was going to die.