EY! for Teens Year 2 Lesson 18 Quizlet
このクイズレットフラッシュカードを使用して、レッスン前の次のレッスンで必要な単語を学習してください。 Flashcardsモードを使用して単語を勉強し、自分で試合モードを使用して覚えていることを確認してください。 モードを切り替えるには、クイズレットの右下にある「学習モードを選択」をクリックします。
Please use this Quizlet Flashcard set to try to learn the words that you’ll need during your next lesson before the lesson. Use the Flashcards mode to study the words then test yourself to see what you remember using the Match mode. To change between modes, click on "Choose a Study Mode" in the bottom right of the Quizlet.
EY! for Teens Year 2 Lesson 18: Fads
Please prepare for your next lesson by writing down your answers to the questions below. Please use the same notebook every time to make it easier for you to review in the future.
- Name one fad that was popular when you were younger. Was this a fad revolving around a TV show, a video game, a toy, a fashion trend, a celebrity or something else?
- Did you use to partake in this fad? Why or why not?
- Name one fad that is popular now. Is this a fad revolving around a TV show, a video game, a toy, a fashion trend, a celebrity or something else?
- Why do you think this is a popular fad now? Do you think it will still be popular in five years?
- Research Time! Ask your mother or father about a fad that was popular when they were your age. Did your parents partake in this fad? Is this fad popular now? If you don’t want to ask your mother or father, you can ask someone else you know.
- Are there any current trends that you don't like? If so, what are they? If not, what is a current trend that you are following?
If there is time, please ask your teacher Question 3 and Question 6.
Model Answers: Let’s Ask Keiji
- Ganguro. This was a fashion trend where people had really darkly tanned skin, bleached hair and strange make up. It was starting to disappear around the time I was born but I think it might be making a comeback.
- No, absolutely not! I think people who participate in the ganguro trend look ridiculous.
- Hamburger straws. People are going to McDonald’s, putting their hamburgers on top of cups and sticking a straw straight down the middle. After that, they take a photo and upload it to social media.
- I have no idea why people are doing this! It doesn’t make any sense! I don’t think this will be popular by next year, let alone in five years’ time.
- My mother said “school girl kawaii” was a thing during the 1990s. Girls wore big socks and miniskirts with their school uniforms as street fashion. She said that’s how she and her friends used to dress. I don’t think this is a popular fashion anymore.
- I don’t like the new human-sized backpacks I’ve seen online. They are just too big. Why would anyone need a backpack quite so big? How much does one person need to carry around with them each day? I just don’t understand!