Lesson 11: Hot SpringsEY! for Teens
EY! for Teens Year 2 Lesson 11 Quizlet
このクイズレットフラッシュカードを使用して、レッスン前の次のレッスンで必要な単語を学習してください。 Flashcardsモードを使用して単語を勉強し、自分で試合モードを使用して覚えていることを確認してください。 モードを切り替えるには、クイズレットの右下にある「学習モードを選択」をクリックします。
Please use this Quizlet Flashcard set to try to learn the words that you’ll need during your next lesson before the lesson. Use the Flashcards mode to study the words then test yourself to see what you remember using the Match mode. To change between modes, click on "Choose a Study Mode" in the bottom right of the Quizlet.
EY! for Teens Year 2 Lesson 11: Hot Springs
Please prepare for your next lesson by writing down your answers to the questions below. Please use the same notebook every time to make it easier for you to review in the future.
- Name one place in Japan that is famous for its hot springs. Why is this place famous?
- Have you ever been there? If so, tell the class about it. If not, would you like to go there some day?
- Think of the first time you went to a hot spring. When was it? Who did you go with? How was it? Have you ever been back there?
- Do you prefer hot springs in the mountains, by the seaside or somewhere else? Why?
- How often do you visit hot springs? Tell the class how many times a year you visit hot springs and who with. If you don’t visit hot springs so often, is it because you don’t like them?
- Imagine your foreign friend has said they want to visit a hot spring for the first time. They ask you for advice. What would you say?
If there is time, please ask your teacher Question 3 and Question 5.
Model Answers: Let’s Ask Hana
- Beppu, in Oita Prefecture. It is famous for the “Eight Hells of Beppu” onsen. It is also famous for Oniyama Jigoku, or “Monster Mountain Hell”, which keeps crocodiles on the grounds surrounding the hot spring.
- Yes, I would. Beppu’s “Eight Hells” are some of the most famous hot springs in Japan. I would also like to see the crocodiles of Oniyama Jigoku.
- I honestly can’t remember the first time I went to a hot spring. One of my best memories though is of going to Minoh Onsen Spa Garden with my family. It was a little crowded but the baths were excellent.
- I prefer hot springs by the seaside. I like to enjoy the outdoor baths at night and look out at all the stars over the ocean.
- I enjoy hot springs as much as the next person but I really only visit them when I go on vacation. That means I only go maybe once or twice a year. I would like to go more often if I have the opportunity in the future.
- I would highly recommend going to Minoh Onsen Spa Garden. From memory, it’s a bit expensive and there will probably be a lot of people there but it is well worth it.
Previous LessonNext Lesson