EY! for Teens Year 2 Lesson 01 Quizlet
このクイズレットフラッシュカードを使用して、レッスン前の次のレッスンで必要な単語を学習してください。 Flashcardsモードを使用して単語を勉強し、自分で試合モードを使用して覚えていることを確認してください。 モードを切り替えるには、クイズレットの右下にある「学習モードを選択」をクリックします。
Please use this Quizlet Flashcard set to try to learn the words that you’ll need during your next lesson before the lesson. Use the Flashcards mode to study the words then test yourself to see what you remember using the Match mode. To change between modes, click on "Choose a Study Mode" in the bottom right of the Quizlet.
EY! for Teens Year 2 Lesson 01: Reading
Please prepare for your next lesson by writing down your answers to the questions below. Please use the same notebook every time to make it easier for you to review in the future.
- Name one popular genre of novel. This can be non-fiction, science-fiction, fantasy, horror, thriller or something else. Why do you think this is a popular genre of reading?
- Do you like to read this genre? Why or why not?
- Research time! Go online and find a popular author who writes in this genre. What is their name? Where are they from? Are they still alive today? What is the name of a book or series they have written?
- Have you read anything by this author? If so, tell the class about it. If not, would you like to read something by this author?
- How often do you read for pleasure? This can be novels, magazines, comic books, online news, blog posts or something else. Tell the class how many hours a day or how many hours a week you read and what you usually read. If you don’t read for pleasure often, when do you read?
- Imagine you were going to write a book. What genre would you like to write in? What would the title of your book be? Would it be the first one in a series or a stand-alone book? Would you use your real name for the book or would you use a pen name?
If there is time, ask your teacher Question 5 and Question 6.
Model Answers: Let’s Ask Keiji
- Mystery. I think people enjoy reading mystery novels because they like to try to find the clues and solve the mystery
- Not really. I don’t have the patience to read mystery novels. I prefer to watch mystery movies.
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. He was born in Scotland in 1859 and died in 1930. He is most famous for his series of novels featuring the character of Sherlock Holmes.
- No, I haven’t. I’m not interested in Sherlock Holmes as I’m not a fan of mystery novels. He wrote another novel, “The Lost World”, about dinosaurs in South America that I think sounds interesting though.
- I like to read comics, fantasy novels and online news. I guess I read about ten hours a week.
- If I were going to write a book, I’d probably write a fantasy or science-fiction novel. I have no idea what the title would be – I’ve never really thought about becoming an author. I think I’d use my real name. I’d like to be famous.